IPhone lead

varley16

i did the Bose system iPod hack, but I have now got an iPhone 4, I didn't realise that this uses the 3.5 socket instead of the normal iPod connector. Is it possible to get a iPod female connector to a 3.5mm converter?

Thanks and sorry for not searching, but on my iPhone and it's soooo slow at the moment.

I've been toying with the idea of doing the hack after I couldn't get a cassette adapter to work - however, I would've thought the iphone 4 would work with the normal ipod/dock connector? I had this system in my previous car and it worked, the only problem I noticed when changing from a 3GS to the 4 was a loss of charging capability.

Would be good if someone could shed some light on this before I go ahead with the hack...

I've just plugged my iPhone 4 into a normal old iPod charger, and it doesn't charge, so it is different, I've seen iPod lead (female) to 3.5mm converter, so when I get proper Internet back and not this slow phone net, I'll order one.

The difference is that the newer iPhones only need a 5mv current to charge, not 12mv like the older ones which is why you're having issues. Not ever having done the hack myself I couldn't tell you how to fix the issue, but that's where the trouble lies. I can tell you that an iPhone4 definitely can be charged in car from a newer charger. :)

i did the ipod hack and used an ipod adapter. It doesn't work with my iPhone 4 or my gf's new ipod nano (thank goodness) but works with the classic i bought at christmas. in hindsight i'd go for the 3.5 mini jack as it works with everything - unless you desperately want to be able to charge it. i avoided this as i didn't want to mess with the electrics.

you could easily swap to a 3.5mm jack post-install though