Sat Nav problems....

Stew

Ok, my car was in at the stealers getting the Bose fixed - it's great to listen to CDs while driving!

BUT...... Why is there always a but with Nissan dealers....

They seemed to have broken my aftermarket Alpine Sat Nav systems LCD screen. The colours are all screwed up.

I just wondered where I stood with it legally as it's an aftermarket product but they damaged it......

if during the warranty work it would be possible to damage your sat nav then you have a fairly deacent case, more so than if they were say fixing a clicking axle, you have to be quick about it though - the longer you delay it -the harder it gets for you

my fuel gauge was on the blink on my toyota , fixed it under warranty but when they returned the car back to me -there was a healthy crack in thr windscreen - i refused to take it until they fixed it - their argument was that the car hadnt even left the garage so they coulnd't have done it , EVENTUALLY after arguing they replaced the screen- i doubt NISSAN GB would be as kind

Well I was in Algeria and Nissan called to say that my headunit was in (they had already removed the screen etc to take serial numbers and put it back together properly) so as the car was sitting at my folks house I asked them to arrange a pick up and repair with my mum. They did this which was very good of them. I was chuffed to bits until I switched on my sat nav screen and noticed it was broken! I hope they repair it. If they don't I'll do it myself as they don't cost too much money but it's the principle of it!

• 2 weeks later...

***Update***

Called the stealers on Friday and they took it in yesterday. Picked the car up from my house and dropped it off again - clean!

Fired up the nav and it looks to be ok. will double check it tonight.

The stealer is actually improving their service.