Going to collect my Zed in an hour! -now with pics

Cheers all!

I'm like an anxious mother tiger without my cub as I've left the Zed overnight with a mechanic mate who's gonna have a good check over it.

Ricey - Mr Squee's wondering if the filter issue could be to do with a pcv valve :shrug: I'm sure I'll find out when I collect tomorrow night.

Glad you like the pics all. I know black can be a bugger for showing the dirt but I'm determined to keep my precious Zed all shiny. To be fair it didn't take too long to give it a decent bath (with Meguirs :thumbs: ) and a bit of tlc with a microfibre cloth to get it looking B) didn't wax as anticipated for the rain to start again so that's next on my to-do list.

Had a right old chuckle when I was washing the Zed as the neighbour opposite felt the need to shout, very loudly, across the street "THOSE THINGS ARE VERY FAST AND UNSTEADY YOU KNOW?!" lol, reckon he must be a tad on the jealous side :lol:

S.

Ricey - Mr Squee's wondering if the filter issue could be to do with a pcv valve :shrug: I'm sure I'll find out when I collect tomorrow night.

Had a right old chuckle when I was washing the Zed as the neighbour opposite felt the need to shout, very loudly, across the street "THOSE THINGS ARE VERY FAST AND UNSTEADY YOU KNOW?!" lol, reckon he must be a tad on the jealous side :lol:

S.

Sounds like Mr Squee knows a fair bit more about cars than me to be honest - I had to look up what a PCV valve was!

From the looks of it a PCV replacement wouldn't be too pricey if it is that. Might be worth checking the throttle body isn't too crapped up too (guides on here somewhere for cleaning - be careful not to touch the butterfly valve)

Best bet with the neighbor is to perform a powerslide into your drive every time you come home - one of the most planted cars I've driven (although some would disagree).

Thankfully the oil / air filter issues are nothing to worry about apparently BUT the mechanic wonders if there's a potential problem noise coming from the gear box...I'd just assumed that said noise was 'that' noise you get with the Zeds :wacko:

I think I'll take a print out from the FAQ section of the site to him to see if the noise described there matches up with what he thinks he can hear.

Yikes!

S.