Interior Illumniation Failure!! + Trip Reset - HELP

Trog

Can anyone help please (My car is now out of Warranty!!!!!) It ran out on 11th of November, so Nissan should really help, but will they ???? Hmmm

Basically, one day, the interior lamp brightness appeared to be a lot dimmer than usual. The next day, they would not work at all, along with everything else listed above.

I also had a moment during a journey where the lamps illuminated on their own for about 2secs (like a diagnostic self test), but then went off again. This seemed to happen every 5mins (approx).

The following features no longer work!!!!!: -

Interior lights

Boot Light

Buzzer o/p signal (for lights on/door open)

Turn Indicator Signal on IPK

Headlamp (Low/High beam) Signal on Instrument Pack (combination meter)

Instrument Pack (combination meter) brightness adjustment

Door switch signal?

Day/Night switch for Trip Computer Binnacle (Triple meter) brightness (when driving light are turned on)

Trip distance on IPK resets with each ign-off. The total accumulated odo is however fine (I assume because it’s stored in EEPROM).

Trip Computer binacle always defaults back t the clock at each key cycle.

Side lights (Position lights?) now stay on when normal dipped beam driving lights are on (Low beam).

All 3 sets of lamps (Side/Dipped/Full) are on when Full is selected.

Wing Mirror heater may not be working – not confirmed.

I’m was hoping it was something simple like a fuse or module reset required, but I can’t find any fuses blown (not tried all yet - any reccomendations?) and i've disconnected the battery to reset the modules. It's like a switched power feed is missing, as everything resets!

From the list of faults above, they look mainly like features that are transmitted from the “BCMâ€

• 2 weeks later...

Should have replied to this earlier.

It turned out to be two fuses!, but the initial symptoms and check did not point to a fuse (only partially blew to start with hence still read 12V with a meter on both sides of fuse).

P.S. Nissan don't actuall show u everthing that goes thorugh a particular fuse (i.e. interior light fuse, is not just the interior light, but nowhere does it tell u otherwise!)