P1 Service 66k Miles

Mears5

my car will soon be due for a P1 service, it will be at roughly 66'000 miles and is about 7 1/2 years old. i went to my local nissan (marshalls of cambridge) to see how much it would cost me to keep the nissan history going and after the girl punched my reg and what not into her computer she smilled and said £305!! i dont think iv heard of a p1 costing anything like that before!

The Question is is that about right or is it a rip off?

the other thing is i have heard some bad reveiws about them just wondered if any of you fine Z drives have used them?

thanks

I'm going to be getting mine done next week too.

I've been quoted £249 from WLMG Nissan in Shepperton. And i thought that was expensive.

Anywhere else i should take my beloved Zed?

Been told spark plugs should also be changed - that would be about another 250-300 quid including labour!!

Think they will have to wait, till i have more money and i can find somewhere else to do them!

I'm going to be getting mine done next week too.

I've been quoted £249 from WLMG Nissan in Shepperton. And i thought that was expensive.

Anywhere else i should take my beloved Zed?

Been told spark plugs should also be changed - that would be about another 250-300 quid including labour!!

Think they will have to wait, till i have more money and i can find somewhere else to do them!

plugs are that hard to do yourself and there is a guide on here. If not a garage can do it in a hour. You can by a set of 6 pulgs from ZMANALEX or Opie Oils.

I was in that exact Marshalls a few weeks back. They charge £50 + VAT per hour.

Was the first time ive been in there and came away thinking I wouldnt want to go back. I had my car booked in for 11am to have a belt fitted. I arrive early. Receptionist bird jumps into my car and drives it around back. So already im getting a bit nervous that this receptionist is driving my car, but there you go. Then I find out that they dont bother getting the part ready so they can start the job at 11, but they then have to drive off to the warehouse (in their van), get the belt and come back so they dont actually start work on the job until about 11:30.

Now at that particular Marshalls the garage backs onto the showroom, so you can see whats going on. So im standing there having a coffee and next thing I hear is my car being rev`d up like its about to launch from the starting grid at le-mans. Now, to be honest I was waiting for this to happen as I know what mechanics are like and I *knew* they wouldnt be able to resist trying out my K1 exhaust. Next thing I see is about 10 heads turn to look at me from in the workshop, incl the Parts Manager. The looks on their faces was priceless when they realised I was standing there watching them with my arms folded. It was like the look on a kids face when he`s been caught nicking sweets. At this point the mechanic doesnt realise he`s been busted and is still revving away, so there is a mad frantic commotion as the service manager and parts managers try to get his attention to make him stop revving my car up. It was like watching a carry on film.

All in all, I didnt leave there until 12, so 1hr for a 20min job. But, they did only charge me for the 20mins. The funniest thing was this nervous mechanic coming out after a while looking very sheepish and appologising to me for revving my engine - clearly the manager had sent him out to speak to the big skinhead whose car he`d been messing with.

I did find the receptionist a bit off and the whole atmosphere was not friendly. A complete contrast to the service staff at the Nissan dealer I bought the car from.

Have you tried Bury St Edmunds Nissan? Thats not too far from Cambridge and I know another member on here was quoted a much lower price for work than the Cambridge one. Certainly pays to call around the local dealers.

i bought my own spark plugs, oil and filters, Diff oil, gearbox fluid, molyslip, coolant.

Got everything done including full geometry setup, to my spec for track, for 250 quid. Parts cost me probably in the region of 150 quid

I was in that exact Marshalls a few weeks back. They charge £50 + VAT per hour.

Was the first time ive been in there and came away thinking I wouldnt want to go back. I had my car booked in for 11am to have a belt fitted. I arrive early. Receptionist bird jumps into my car and drives it around back. So already im getting a bit nervous that this receptionist is driving my car, but there you go. Then I find out that they dont bother getting the part ready so they can start the job at 11, but they then have to drive off to the warehouse (in their van), get the belt and come back so they dont actually start work on the job until about 11:30.

Now at that particular Marshalls the garage backs onto the showroom, so you can see whats going on. So im standing there having a coffee and next thing I hear is my car being rev`d up like its about to launch from the starting grid at le-mans. Now, to be honest I was waiting for this to happen as I know what mechanics are like and I *knew* they wouldnt be able to resist trying out my K1 exhaust. Next thing I see is about 10 heads turn to look at me from in the workshop, incl the Parts Manager. The looks on their faces was priceless when they realised I was standing there watching them with my arms folded. It was like the look on a kids face when he`s been caught nicking sweets. At this point the mechanic doesnt realise he`s been busted and is still revving away, so there is a mad frantic commotion as the service manager and parts managers try to get his attention to make him stop revving my car up. It was like watching a carry on film.

All in all, I didnt leave there until 12, so 1hr for a 20min job. But, they did only charge me for the 20mins. The funniest thing was this nervous mechanic coming out after a while looking very sheepish and appologising to me for revving my engine - clearly the manager had sent him out to speak to the big skinhead whose car he`d been messing with.

I did find the receptionist a bit off and the whole atmosphere was not friendly. A complete contrast to the service staff at the Nissan dealer I bought the car from.

Have you tried Bury St Edmunds Nissan? Thats not too far from Cambridge and I know another member on here was quoted a much lower price for work than the Cambridge one. Certainly pays to call around the local dealers.

i dont like the atmosphere in there at all i was looking round when looking at Z's and was spoken to so rudely, then when i wondered round toward a gtr they were all watching like i was going to attemp to steal it! yeah thats what im going to look into next bury and kings lynn/norwich

but thanks for the advice that has really just reafirmed what i already though!

looks like im going down the route of buying most of the stuff myself just wondered what oil, oil filters and what not people recommended? Since this is the first service since iv had it i want to make sure its done right

cheers :thumbs:

simon