Help changing Brake Pads

DoubleDeuce1973

Hi all, Just after a bit of advice.

Got myself some Ferodo DS Performance pads front and rear and going to attempt to do the replacement myself this weekend. I have read through the guide on here and am pretty confident that I can amange this.

My question is, after fitting the first set do I climb in the car and depress the peddle a couple of times or do I wait until I have done them all before I do that? With pushing calipers back to insert the pads I wondered if doing them all before hitting the peddle I may have more chance of pushing brake fluid out over the engine bay.

Also when doing the rear, do I leave the handbrake off?

Any advice appreciated.

makes no difference about the handbrake if you are just doing pads.

just wait till you have done them all then hit the brakes a few times. saves jumping in and out the car as much. not gonna risk brake fluid going anywhere unless you disconnect any hoses

good luck

Do one pair at a time and check the brake fluid level otherwise it will spill over. You may need a syringe to suck out any access.

ALWAYS chock wheels. When doing the back, leave in gear and chock the other rear and fronts, safety is paramount, should take you about 1.5 hrs.

Pump pedal when one pair is done.

Good luck :thumbs:

Do one pair at a time and check the brake fluid level otherwise it will spill over. You may need a syringe to suck out any access.

ALWAYS chock wheels. When doing the back, leave in gear and chock the other rear and fronts, safety is paramount, should take you about 1.5 hrs.

Pump pedal when one pair is done.

Good luck :thumbs:

Oh no! conflicting views. I will play it safe.