<06 vs > 06 air box Velocity stack -Upgraded?

slimjim

Had a searchy on here and found a lot of TALK about the differences between the <06 and >06 air box.

Basically it is just the Velocity stack/trumptet thingy.

http://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exha ... ote-2.html

06airbox012.jpg

Currently I have a CAI / intake / pop charger (NOT put on by me) and I am looking to go back to stock.

There is a BIG difference in prices for secondhand <06 to >06 boxes...

So I was wondering if anyone HAD managed to add the stack to a <06 box and managed to dyno the positive results vs standard?

Anyone managed to do this... or hear of anyone doing it?

Or have an >06 COMPLETE airbox and feed pipe setup going for less than £100 :D

:dummy:

Can't give you any real advice I'm afraid.

But from what I've read most people go for the standard box with a decent air filter. Most aftermarket ones don't tend to improve power.

I must admit, taking the standard filter out and putting in a High Flow K&N one in my 03 Z made a slight difference and you can hear the increase in induction noise as it sucks more air in too.

Saw this on ebay the other day, don't know if it helps.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-350z-airfl ... 20ba214491

Jacko

Can't give you any real advice I'm afraid.

But from what I've read most people go for the standard box with a decent air filter. Most aftermarket ones don't tend to improve power.

I must admit, taking the standard filter out and putting in a High Flow K&N one in my 03 Z made a slight difference and you can hear the increase in induction noise as it sucks more air in too.

Saw this on ebay the other day, don't know if it helps.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nissan-350z-airfl ... 20ba214491

Jacko

Yeah... the pop chargers just give a good (quote/unquote) sound... which I don't want.

Dyno's have proved that putting a post 06 box with the trumpet onto a pre 06 car (that DIDN't have the trumpet) gives between 3-5bhp... and makes a much nicer sound than the pre 06 box.

Oh... spoke to that guy about the eBay one... it is a pre 06... i.e. non Velocity Stack box :(

Anyone?

i'm not far off introducing a conversion kit for pre face lift air boxes, to turn them into post facelift air boxes.

the aim is also to supply them with a good performance filter, and possibly even plenum spacer as a complete kit, people cna then pick and choose how much they want, either all 3 or just one etc and mix and match,

i'm not far off introducing a conversion kit for pre face lift air boxes, to turn them into post facelift air boxes.

the aim is also to supply them with a good performance filter, and possibly even plenum spacer as a complete kit, people cna then pick and choose how much they want, either all 3 or just one etc and mix and match,

See... THAT is the innovation we need!

:#1:

Need a paying Guinea pig? B)