Home insurance time, who are you with?

MadMac

Its that time of the year when there is a loud thud at my door which is my home insurance renewal and its accompanying t&c's filled with lots of clauses on why if I should ever make a claim they will not pay it.

So opening it up and oh look surprise surprise they are trying to put it up from £334 a year to £558, or an increase off 167% :thumbdown:

Did they not learn last year where they tried to do exactly the same thing only to knock it back down again after I had gone to them saying I have quotes from 6 other companies who will charge me about £300. Plus they are putting on far more cover than I actually need.

Somehow I doubt a one bedroom flat will cost a million quid to to rebuild when the reinstatement value in my survey is £80k.

Insurance companies are such con artist :bang:

Now done my insurance quotes and have lots of companies who are willing to do it for £200. Now I dont mind paying a bit more IF its a good company.

So my question is, who do you use? How has your experience been with them and have you ever had any problems making a claim?