Drivers Window

stevo1179

Hi Guys,

I have done a quick search but haven't found a thread which fully describes my predicament. A couple of weeks ago

I noticed that if I folded my mirrors in the window wouldn't go down fully (or up fully) until I killed the engine or open the door (or combination of both). As a result I've stopped folding the mirrors for the time being until I can get it booked in with an auto electrician. However today I put the window down to swipe out of the work car park this evening and it wouldn't go up at all. It just made a rapid clicking noise, when I tried pressing down it made a whirring noise. So I had to endure a 15 mile drive home in typical Cornish weather (i.e. heavy showers) with the window down! I tried stopping the car restarting it opening the door to no avail, I then locked and unlocked it and it went up no problem. The window goes up smoothly so I don't think it is the motor, having had the passenger one replaced on warranty I'm familiar with the symptoms and it seems very different. I'm going to get it booked in next week with an auto electrician next week, just wondered if anyone may have a clue as to what is going on.

Cheers

Steve

ps its a UK 2004 GT