High quality LED side lights

HassanZ

Hi all,

I am looking for a pair of very good quality but at a good price, pair of LED side lights. At the moment they're cream and look odd against my factory xenon headlights.

Can anyone please advise me on where they got theirs from?

I want a pair that will not mess up my electrics or cause any sort of problems/trouble (apart from fitting them of course :p)

Many thanks,

Hassan

got mine from autobulbs direcr, forum discount with them too. They dont do the exact ones I had anymore. Mine is just a large single LED unit rather than a four LED version

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5 ... &end=front

Thank you for your reply!

Which bulbs from that list do you recommend? Will I be able to use the same bulbs for my number plates? How do I replace the number plate bulbs?

How do I receive the forum discount and what percentage do I receive?

Many thanks,

Hassan

mine look like these ones http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-Si ... rch=c14856

and yes you can use them for number plate

There are two of them under the boot release latch. One on each side..slide the housing sideways and it comes off. Have a look in the DIY and maintainance section in your manual about how to do it

for discount check the discount button at the top

Thank you for the help guys! :thumbs:

Do the bulbs I purchase have to have the built-in canbus/resistors? I'm sure the 350z don't bring up bulb errors right? I know my BMW used to...

Just want to confirm before committing to a purchase.

Thank you for the help guys! :thumbs:

Do the bulbs I purchase have to have the built-in canbus/resistors? I'm sure the 350z don't bring up bulb errors right? I know my BMW used to...

Just want to confirm before committing to a purchase.

I dont think they do..... What one's you going for then?

I'm torn between your's and Mike's. The ones you suggested are half the price but don' know abou quality difference :wacko: I know they offer less warranty and guaranteed hours of life. But does it justify paying the extra money for the other ones... :headhurt:

The bulbs you recommended has agreed to sort me out with an improved delivery price if I purchase 2 sets (1 set for my number plates)

I still need to find out how to replace the bulbs :scare:

I'm torn between your's and Mike's. The ones you suggested are half the price but don' know abou quality difference :wacko: I know they offer less warranty and guaranteed hours of life. But does it justify paying the extra money for the other ones... :headhurt:

The bulbs you recommended has agreed to sort me out with an improved delivery price if I purchase 2 sets (1 set for my number plates)

I would totally reccomend those I shown you. They look sweeeet! B) If you wait till tomorrow I can get a pic up for you. Good quality and long life. Very Bright as well.

Regarding replacing it is very simple, remove the plastic front wheel liner, turn the steering wheel the opposite side and you should be able to reach at the side and unclip the side light bulb holder and replace the side light. Also the sidelight goes in a certain why. :thumbs:

I would totally reccomend those I shown you. They look sweeeet! B) If you wait till tomorrow I can get a pic up for you. Good quality and long life. Very Bright as well.

Regarding replacing it is very simple, remove the plastic front wheel liner, turn the steering wheel the opposite side and you should be able to reach at the side and unclip the side light bulb holder and replace the side light. Also the sidelight goes in a certain why. :thumbs:

I have placed an order for 2 pairs of these bulbs you recommended, hopefully I receive them before the weekend!

What tools will I need to take off the wheel arch liner?

Can you please show me some pics when you get a chance?

Thank you all for your help and advice! :thumbs:

I have placed an order for 2 pairs of these bulbs you recommended, hopefully I receive them before the weekend!

What tools will I need to take off the wheel arch liner?

Can you please show me some pics when you get a chance?

Thank you all for your help and advice! :thumbs:

I'll upload some pics up later! :thumbs: All you need for the arch liner is a small flat screwdriver to pop out those fixing things and a screwdriver to unscrew the side fixings that hold them in place. It's a pretty easy job! :)

Right I'm just going to get cracking with this side light replacement. Can I carry this out without removing the wheel and jacking the car up?

I noticed there are screws at th bottom connecting to the arch liner, where are the rest of the screws/caps?

Thanks,

Hassan

you dont need to take the wheel off, just turn it to the side and jack it up a bit. The number plate lights are a piece of cake

on the inner edge theres a little clip, push it and pull that side down. Should really just fall out. You dont even need tools for those :thumbs:

Didn't succeed...the screws are corroded so it'll take a while to remove and it started raining :rant:

Thanks Neil for your help! :thumbs:

Anyway these are the pics:

photo214edited.jpg

photo114edited.jpg

Glad you like them mate. :yahoo:

Yes they look great Beau! :#1::yahoo: Thank you for recommending these. They were cheap and look the part too! Let's hope they last...

they look like exactly like the ones i got from amazon for 6quid a set. had them in for months and they look brilliant.

the rears really make the car look alot fresher at night. the fronts look a little too white compared to the xenon's but still look alot better than the oldschool filament 5w bulbs

they look like exactly like the ones i got from amazon for 6quid a set. had them in for months and they look brilliant.

the rears really make the car look alot fresher at night. the fronts look a little too white compared to the xenon's but still look alot better than the oldschool filament 5w bulbs

I can't be bothered to go out and have a look to see how it looks at night. Not that I've got my OEM LED rear tailights and LED number plate lights, it should look much more modern than before. The previous tailights just looked so dated and clouded, the LEDs completely transformed the car at night. I'll take a pic of the car at night with the LED tailights and number plate lights on.

It's funny how much difference a £5 mod can make but no one tends to change their number plate lights :wacko:

I can't be bothered to go out and have a look to see how it looks at night. Not that I've got my OEM LED rear tailights and LED number plate lights, it should look much more modern than before. The previous tailights just looked so dated and clouded, the LEDs completely transformed the car at night. I'll take a pic of the car at night with the LED tailights and number plate lights on.

It's funny how much difference a £5 mod can make but no one tends to change their number plate lights :wacko:

lol it was the first thing i done was the plate lights.

lol it was the first thing i done was the plate lights.