Sharp clicking sound

Montechristos

I have this same "Clicky rear Diff" I think. It happens when I slowly accelerate or take my foot off the accelerate. It is noticeable when window is down and happens a lot.

How is this solved then?

CRD????? Think its Clicky rear axle matey.... :dry:

Do you get it when you pull away fast? Assume you have correct oil level in your diff?

I have this same "Clicky rear Diff" I think. It happens when I slowly accelerate or take my foot off the accelerate. It is noticeable when window is down and happens a lot.

How is this solved then?

CRD????? Think its Clicky rear axle matey.... :dry:

Do you get it when you pull away fast? Assume you have correct oil level in your diff?

Yeah, I meant axle. It happens all the time from accelerating, I dont think it happens when I accelerate hard though....

And I have never checked the oil in the diff, How is it measured?

Squirt, Ohhh I love that word :lol: , oil into the fill hole until oil starts to pour out of that hole, then its at the correct level. :thumbs:

I think thats what ive got then, so will need to do the window test to see what side. Can you ever get this type of problem on the front?

Also, where is this hole? I've not checked mine so think its worth a go - secondly - what specific oil?

Squirt, Ohhh I love that word :lol: , oil into the fill hole until oil starts to pour out of that hole, then its at the correct level. :thumbs:

I think thats what ive got then, so will need to do the window test to see what side. Can you ever get this type of problem on the front?

Also, where is this hole? I've not checked mine so think its worth a go - secondly - what specific oil?

Gear oil I presume....

Gear oil I presume....

Cant comment mate, I dont know. :headhurt:

Gear oil I presume....

i gathered that lol, was just wondering if its a certain type, never bought gear oil before so was wondering if its the same as car oil.. e.g different types for different engines etc etc