Whirring Noise

Lyger

I wonder if anyone can help with this:

Ive had my 350z for two years now and it has had the troublesome CLICK CLACK as Nissan call it when you stop and reverse from the rear end, then for a while I had strong vibration from the back of the car at 80MPH intermittently ie sometimes it was there and sometimes it wasnt ?? This then stopped out of the blue?? Now i have a whirring noise coming from the back of the car ive had it for about 1k it doesnt seem to be getting any worse but it goes up and down with the speed of the car and tends to be highly noticable at about 45mph?

The checks ive done is to replace the diff Oil and this was like brand new with no sludge or deposits?

Ive got the grease the driveshafts and replace the bolts memo for the CLICK CLACK problem from nissan ,has anyone confirmed this works?

As for the whirring noise im tempted to change the rear wheel bearings and i was told if it was the diff it would get worse going around corners but it doesnt? Can anyone help as to where i can buy the bearings and are all years compatible for the Rear??

My rear window washer has never worked either do they work or just stuck on??

My Car is a December 2002 350z and I love the Car but my mechanic keeps telling me to get rid of it but my determination to keep the car is justified as when its ok its quite an amazing car to drive im just getting a bit worried that these faults will cause an accident .

Any Help or advice is greatly appreciated Oh and the Stealers want to fit a new diff and shocks etc.............

first off where are you based?

the click clack is a common fault, will cause no problem is just annoying, if its the same thing. mind blank on the name of then.

the whirring noise i can't help with i'm afraid.

does the rear wiper not work or is it just the washer jet. i have a spare motor for the wiper if you want it. will do it nice and cheap for you too.

your mechanic might be right though, sell it and get a newer one ;)

www.rocketautos.com for the bearings, cheap as chips pal, just got two new shiny rears and a front for mine, usual bearing whirring sound on one of the rears and a heavy whirring sound on the front, little play with the hub when the wheel is off. good luck.

57447764772782 paste this into the "how did you hear about us" if you decide to order on the checkout page and it will give you an extra 5%, this code can be used as many times as possible before the 24 june, happy shopping.

Hi

I currently live in Castleford but hope to be moving soon!!

I couldnt sell the car if i wanted to with that noise, Its going to the mechanic tomorrow for an inspection i really hope its a wheel bearing!!

I dont think buying a newer 350z is the way to go as the one i have runs like a dream and has had a lot of money spent on it and it seems to be a lottery with these Cars as to what condition you get one in and i honestly wouldnt want to shell out a fortune to end up with a similar or different fault on a basic newer version.

The rear wiper works fine its just the water Jet im unsure how its fed to the back to unblock it?

Thanks for all you help and ill check out the link for the wheel bearings if its confirmed to be a Wheel bearing ill keep you informed :thumbs: .

Hmmm the Wiper moves its the seperate water Jet thats the problem , anyhow run the car off the ground and is quiet except found to my dismay that the wheels are buckled one quite badly so i think the noise is the tyres !! I managed to get them balanced but i really need some more wheels so if anyone has any wheels for sale please let me know Id be happy with the boring original Z Alloys right now just for peace of mind !! Thanks !

Do 2005 2006 alloys fit on a 2002 2003 Jap 350z ??

Hmmm the Wiper moves its the seperate water Jet thats the problem , anyhow run the car off the ground and is quiet except found to my dismay that the wheels are buckled one quite badly so i think the noise is the tyres !! I managed to get them balanced but i really need some more wheels so if anyone has any wheels for sale please let me know Id be happy with the boring original Z Alloys right now just for peace of mind !! Thanks !

Do 2005 2006 alloys fit on a 2002 2003 Jap 350z ??

Plenty boring original Z alloys in stock. :thumbs:

Also genuine UK Nissan front and rear wheel bearings in stock. :thumbs:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further. :thumbs:

Alex :)