Intermittent Engine Knocking on Idle

Neil

Did anyone find out this problem my mum has purchased a 350z on idle it does a small knock every 10 seconds or longer ? If ac is on it doesn't do it and if clutch is pressed down it doesn't either ? It makes the know along with the popping they do on idle maybe it is a rattle and when it pops a lil louder it knocks ? Plz help thank you

I found that if I make sure the oil is topped up correctly, the knocking disappears (strangely), so I have been keeping an eye on it. If I notice a knock I add half a litre and it behaves.

What's this cam sensor Mike?

Thanks

Neil

It seems to be running fine just on tick over that slight knocking oil is topped up its just been serviced by Nissan :s oh and 1 other question when you pull dipstick out why is there like a bit of metal next to the hole to make it difficult to put in and get out its like small silver hard clip or something ?

It seems to be running fine just on tick over that slight knocking oil is topped up its just been serviced by Nissan :s oh and 1 other question when you pull dipstick out why is there like a bit of metal next to the hole to make it difficult to put in and get out its like small silver hard clip or something ?

It's a dipstick guide as it enters on an angle...

Ok brilliant thanks for your help guys, quick question she is going to buy y pipe and cat back system I heard miltek and scorpion are the ones to go for is that correct? And who would you recommend tuners to remap it etc I think I spoke to horsham or something they good ?

I have this too!, would love to know what it was, I noticed if I have my foot resting on the clutch (not pressed) I have "feel" the clunk also!, its coming somewhere from the back of the engine low down, and it stops when the revs are slightly higher - like when the a/c is on, its now starting to drive me mad coz I notice it even more, any one any ideas??