Pro's & Cons For A Plenum Spacer???

matty316

Just had a JWT Pop Charger installed, and was mulling over the idea of a plenum spacer. Am i right in thinking your talking around £170 ish to get hold of one?? Was just asking for some advice from members who have one installed on the pro's of having one and also if there is any cons. What difference does it make??

Regards, Matty

Only con I can think of is that it would put your insurance up.......that if of course if you declare it - you'd be a fool not too but then it is hidden! Moral dilemma!.

I'm sure someone mentioned about having a few problems getting the strut to sit correctly without hitting the bonnet after fitting. Can't remember who though.

PS - your pop-charger reduces hp so if it's gains you want, you've started on the wrong foot. :doh:

I thought it was supposed to give a little increase in hp.. I thought after my service the other week when it was fitted that it's felt more responsive.

PS - your pop-charger reduces hp so if it's gains you want, you've started on the wrong foot. :doh:

I thought it was supposed to give a little increase in hp.. I thought after my service the other week when it was fitted that it's felt more responsive.

It would if it didn't suck hot air out of the engine bay ;)

I didn't wanna shell out the money if it wasn't going to be worth it, so any feedback is welcome.

1. '06 airbox £60

2. performance filter £30

3. spacer £170

3. racing cats/decats £350

4. exhaust - £500

5. Up-rev - £420

Probably give you 30hp+ for £1500ish