Have I got Connect Premium???

rogerxp

This is really basic but I'm confused as to whether my car has actually got connect premium or not...

...how can I quickly tell :headhurt: .

This is from the specification pdf from Nissan

•40GB CONNECT Premium Sat Nav system with -

• 7» touch screen (yes, got this)

• 9.3 GB for music server (cannot locate this)

• iPod/USB connectivity (my ipod connects perfectly through the socket in the armrest & controls via screen/steering wheel)

• Play DVD on NAVI screen - VTR connectivity (not checked this)

• Voice recognition (yes, got this)

What's the easiest way to tell?? The only thing that seems to be missing is the hard disc.

Oh, my car was registered in September 2010 so is an 60 plate car sourced from Northern Ireland, if that makes any difference. I know it's registered as a 60 plate but can't tell when it was actually built...

Touchscreen = undoubtedly Connect Premium. Also if the SatNav takes postcodes, equally its Connect Premium.

HDD isnt missing, its only activated when you insert a CD. It allows said CD to be ripped to the HDD as an MP3 and played back via the media system without the disc in future. Most find this is a pain and just get a USB stick and put MP3s on that, or connect an iPod. Oh also note, CD has to be a "proper" CD, not a CD of MP3s. It will play MP3 CDs I think but because they are not original songs, it wont copy them. It will only copy CDA or whatever the format is on production CDs.

You definately have Connect Premium though :thumbs:

Nice one Chris, thanks for the prompt (and accurate) reply.

Just found a DVD in the office so checked that and it works a treat so looks like I've got Connect Premium afterall :yahoo: .

I'm still completely staggered at how cheaply I picked-up my motor. The dealer thought it was the older sat nav version and also advertised the car initially as 1 year old, so I just presumed the car had been sat around (hence older system) and then registered at a later date, and that justified the stupily cheap price. Turns out I bought a six-month old 60 plate Roadster, with Connect Premium, for less than some 09 plate, no sat nav, coupes are going for - happy days :teeth: . Oh, and yes, I'm probably the luckiest sod around too :D .