Exhaust repair Result!

SwanageDave

My exhaust must have been blowing for quite some time at the flang by the back box, I thought she had been sounding quite meaty for a while and loved the rumble lol. sadley it wasnt sounding good just broke.

Anyway was going to buy a oem off of Hassan on here and a mate who works for Rolls Royce in Bournemouth came over and said he could probably weld it if it hadnt rusted through..When we took it off it was a clean break on the old weld and it was a simple fix. he brought it back last night all clean and looking like new, When i asked him how much i owed him for his time and work he did over three nights he said Givus us a Tenner :scare: which i couldnt do as he is a mate so bunged him £50. he can also get me michelin tyres for £113 quid and said he would fit them free of charge for the extra i gave him..Result...

The downside of this is that the car is now so bloody quiet. I think i am one of those who needs a k1 or something like tarmac has just fitted when i can save up for a tanabe. It must be the noise :thumbs:

Thats brilliant - I had a similar thing with mine and ended up doing a DIY fix which is still working well!!

Tarmac - Every time you post on here I spend at least 30 seconds dribbling over your avatar.... :wub:

I'm in the same boat, not sure to get it re-welded or buy a scorpion or something? I have a feeling mine will be really quiet if I get it fixed because I think the weld has been gradually breaking for the last couple of months and until this week I liked the sound of it still!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=49584&p=724563#p724563

Thats the problem i had mate it started sounding really nice, being a bit thick regarding exhausts i thought it was just a common thing sounding grunttier lol, now its welded it sounds brand new again and too quiet for me, i like the attention i was getting driving round swanage and everyone looking now it sounds like a fiesta. i may go the k1 route i think in the near future :thumbs: