South Wales Newbie (now with pics on p3)

From my experience of changing plates the owner can just pop into a DVLA office and get it sorted straight away. 24 hrs to change to the new plates and bingo. :)

Unfortunately this has now changed (probably due to red tape and politics) so it has to be done the slow way (1 - 2 weeks at best now). Still, at least it will give me time to think about what "enhancements" I can make, now where's the search on this forum :thumbs:

It's this one "click me", situated just north of Narberth, near Maenclochog. :thumbs:

While we are getting all local, any good petrol stations in Narberth or East of Narberth to fill the tank with super unleaded for my journey back to Neath?

As for the plate situation, I've decided I'm going to leave the seller sort it all out first. The car is on a smallholding that I couldn't find with directions and a satnav so I don't think the miles will rise too significantly.

So what have you got ioneabee?

currently driving a white Audi TT - goes back in October :thumbdown: (lease) and am on the hunt for a 370 :yahoo:

I'll have a look round for you and post back re super unleaded - only one I know for certain at the moment is Tesco in Haverfordwest

Garage in Robeston Wathen sells super unleaded - thats just slightly west of your return south before heading east for home.

there's another garage in Llanddewi Velfrey on the main A40 just east of the A478 - you will probably be heading North on the A478 to get to Maenclochog - but I haven't been past it lately to see if it stocks super

hope this isn't too late for you

Garage in Robeston Wathen sells super unleaded - thats just slightly west of your return south before heading east for home.

there's another garage in Llanddewi Velfrey on the main A40 just east of the A478 - you will probably be heading North on the A478 to get to Maenclochog - but I haven't been past it lately to see if it stocks super

hope this isn't too late for you

That's great, thanks for taking the time to reply. Still waiting on the dvla :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my Zed yesterday and what a car :teeth:

I'm getting it detailed early next week so the pics can wait until then ;)

Only issue so far is a little rattle coming from underneath, only noticed it when pulling up at home (no rattle when driving at all though). I'm thinking heat shield or something exhaust related. Also has a little release bearing noise (foot on and off the clutch in neutral) which didn't show up initially. Saying that the car has done 50k on it's original clutch so I'm sure a new clutch and release bearing will be finding it's way onto the car in due course.

Got the fun of working out what all the switchgear does now and working out what my modifications will be :lol:

Happy and on :cloud9:

• 2 weeks later...

Pics as promised.

Car was fully detailed today by Peter at Eclipse Auto Valet Swansea and I can recommend Peter 100%, I'm really pleased with the results. The pics do not do the car justice and it's fantastic in the flesh.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

I'm thinking of going for a gloss or satin vinyl roof + a rear screen tint, any thoughts on that combo?