Knocking noise from rear of the car...

djrm

Hi everyone!

I hope this is alright in this section as I'm not sure whether it's a wheel or suspension problem... Mods feel free to move it if you see fit :)

Anyway, yesterday I changed my spacers around as after buying 20's I found that 20mm on the front and 25mm on the rear was too much. I took the front ones off totally and put the 20mm's on the rear and now my wheels sit very nicely in my arches and without the front spacers the handling is much better :)

Only thing is, I went for a drive after doing this yesterday afternoon and noticed a loud-ish knocking noise coming from the back over bumps. It sounds like suspension I think but I'm not sure. For the last few weeks there have been a few squeaks / slight knocks from the suspension which means bushes / rollbar links need doing, do you reckon it's just that or could it be something like the spacer not on properly? I highly doubt that it could be the spacer / wheel not on properly as I would notice that in the handling and it feels fine...

What do we think?

Any help is always appreciated!

Ryan B)

I have the same thing at the moment.

I am going to pop to a garage to get it on the ramps and check her bum out for any bits that shouldn't be wobbling :teeth:

Any recomendations for the Swindon/Newbury/Oxford Area?

Also how much do rear drop links cost? How much to uprated ones cost?

I have the same thing at the moment.

I am going to pop to a garage to get it on the ramps and check her bum out for any bits that shouldn't be wobbling :teeth:

Any recomendations for the Swindon/Newbury/Oxford Area?

Also how much do rear drop links cost? How much to uprated ones cost?

:pmzmanalex:

i believe he has normal and uprated ones in.