Whats a set of Rays worth these days ?

cerealuk

Fairly good condition with 4 good tyres.. just after a ball park figure if anyone has brought/sold a set recently

...it would of course have nothing to do with wanting to buy a certain someones set of R35 wheels... honest :cloud9:

hi m8,seem to remember they go for somewheres around the £450 mark.

Fairly good condition with 4 good tyres.. just after a ball park figure if anyone has brought/sold a set recently

...it would of course have nothing to do with wanting to buy a certain someones set of R35 wheels... honest :cloud9:

hi m8,seem to remember they go for somewheres around the £450 mark.

Great stuff, thanks :thumbs:

£300 for a set that need a refurb, £600 for a refurbed or immaculate set. Anything inbetween for quality and you'll be losing out as peeps will either be looking to buy in great condition or have them done themselves to have ini great cond after. No one really looks for OK'ish wheels. :):thumbs:

£300 for a set that need a refurb, £600 for a refurbed or immaculate set. Anything inbetween for quality and you'll be losing out as peeps will either be looking to buy in great condition or have them done themselves to have ini great cond after. No one really looks for OK'ish wheels. :):thumbs:

Would those prices change much without the rubber ?

They vary a bit. I spent a while trying to buy mine and spent £500 in total (bought them in pairs). You have to be very patient though! Annoyingly, my insurance appears to have rocketed, so I'm a bit concerned about being able to renew in November, so decided to sell them on again as can't justify throwing that money away (I'll never get it back in resale value). I've just sold the fronts for £275.

Personally I'd keep them to run in winter. :thumbs:

Don't want to get those R35 wheels covered in salt etc.....

Rays shouldn't cause an increase in insurance, they were a £100 optional extra on pre 2006 cars and standard from 06 onwards. So they are an optional extra at worst not a modification.

Sorry, didn't explain myself that well there - my insurance for the car full stop seems to have rocketed (i.e. jumped to £2000 from £800) so I might be forced into selling the car. Still finding it fluctuates a lot though, so hoping I can get a cheap quote and save it so they can't back out of it. The wheels won't add £500 to the value of the car so don't want to throw that away for what might only be a few months running :(

As for winter...I just cleaned the Zed religiously every week! Snow socks saved the day on several occasions!