Sigh! Another policeman being let off speeding

Kennydies

Mingster - just one clarification... what does this mean:

Hi Guys

2. There was sufficient evidence to place this matter before the courts. (Knowing the legal system and some of the CPS personnel like I do I am slightly surprised but in the fairness of justice pleased that this is the case.).

Cheers

Steve

CPS are the decision makers when it comes to matters going before the courts and are the arm of the prosecution system when a matter gets there.

as an operational officer there are times when it seems like they are the defence not the prosection as they seem to do anything and everything to get a job thrown out BEFORE it gets to court.

They claim that this is to prevent time and money being wasted at court but i have my doubts. (I think it is to make their prosecution rates look good as those that get there rarely fail)

As for the last bit in my opinion it seems right that this matter should have gone to court!!

Hope this helps.

Ming the Lawman

Catpint

Not necessarily mate.

Depends on the circumstances but it can make your job very difficult.

You can still join the job WITHOUT a driving licence so a months ban for totting up should not always mean a loss of your job. (I am sure there would be some sort of discipline though)

As crazy as it sounds there was a guy not so long ago that applied to join traffic and was successful - even though he had not passed his test. the police then organised his driving test followed by a police driving test, followed by an advanced police driving test :wacko: