Carbon fibre Di-Noc wrapped B-pillars (PIC HEAVY)

HassanZ

Hi all,

As mentioned previously on intending to wrap my B-pillars, I have finally completed the task!

Thanks to Rich (RTBiscuit) for taking the time out on advising and helping me, I really appreciate all of his help! :thumbs::thumbs:

I removed the rubber weather strips off the pillars before I wrapped them, then used adhesive glue and stuck them back on. Is it necessary to re-apply the weather strips or are they not important? The strips are starting to peel slightly as the glue didn't stick properly. Shall I remove the weather strips completely or stick them back on as they are needed?

Photos below:

photo5-6.jpg

photo4-10.jpg

photo2-14.jpg

photo5-5.jpg

photo4-9.jpg

photo3-12.jpg

photo2-13.jpg

photo1-9.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo3-13.jpg

photo1-10.jpg

Many Thanks,

Hassan

Good work, happy to help,

i hope its given you more confidence to try more parts. :thumbs:

I really appreciate your help :)

Yes it definitely has! I'll probably end up purchasing some vinyl off you for other bits and bobs in the future ;)

Is it necessary to re-apply the weather strips or do people just apply the B-pillars without them? Can it cause any leaks or anything?

Many Thanks,

Hassan

i only put it back on so people have an oem look, personally i don't deem it neccessary but do it for the customer.

Ah...I had the impression it was an important component of the B-pillars. I would have not gone through the hassle of fitting them if I knew before :lol:

i only put it back on so people have an oem look, personally i don't deem it neccessary but do it for the customer.

Ah...I had the impression it was an important component of the B-pillars. I would have not gone through the hassle of fitting them if I knew before :lol:

at most it makes the water bead from b pillar on to the glass and keeping it away from the glass seal (edge of the glass)