Random Qs

rogerxp

These questions have probably been raised before but I'm struggling to find them so thought I'd ask directly -:

1) On the Roadster, you cannot raise/lower the roof unless stationary, but I notice that smartTOP are now able to offer their 'enhanced' services (i.e. full operation from keyfob / raise/lower roof whilst moving / etc). Has anyone else done this to their Roadster???

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/index ... iew&id=108

I know loads of people who have done this to their Beemers with no problems at all.

2) Excessive road noise. I've done a couple of short motorway trips now and really noticing the road noise (OK, being a Roadster doesn't help). Has anyone successfully addressed this issue - change of tyres???

3) Quiet as a mouse??? I'm definately looking to change the exhaust BUT how will the effect the warranty. I guess the exhaust isn't covered anyway (unless it collapsed ridiculously early). Do I have no problems or does it depend quite how far you change the exhaust (sorry, not got the terminology quite right yet but there are various degrees of change that can be made).

1) On the Roadster, you cannot raise/lower the roof unless stationary, but I notice that smartTOP are now able to offer their 'enhanced' services (i.e. full operation from keyfob / raise/lower roof whilst moving / etc). Has anyone else done this to their Roadster???

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/index ... iew&id=108

I know loads of people who have done this to their Beemers with no problems at all.

I know you can bypass the need to have your foot on the brake as i asked this question recently with respect to a bit of filming. I dont know anyone who has done it though. I have enough problems with my foot on the brake.

2) Excessive road noise. I've done a couple of short motorway trips now and really noticing the road noise (OK, being a Roadster doesn't help). Has anyone successfully addressed this issue - change of tyres???

I changed from the REO 40s and have had several different tyres and wheels since, not had any problems

3) Quiet as a mouse??? I'm definately looking to change the exhaust BUT how will the effect the warranty. I guess the exhaust isn't covered anyway (unless it collapsed ridiculously early). Do I have no problems or does it depend quite how far you change the exhaust (sorry, not got the terminology quite right yet but there are various degrees of change that can be made).

If you fit an ehaust which is UK approved there shouldnt be an issue. Any modification can be used to void the warranty claim so its up to you and the view of the dealer. Many say they dont worry about things like induction system as they can be changed before taking the car in then changed back. For a serious claim i suspect every aspect will be taken into consideration. Also consider this in relation to the roof mod, they are expensive to replace.

I have a Nismo exhaust with HFCs on my roadster and the car is loud, best listen to a few before choosing.

Pop up to a NW meet sometime, we have a couple of roadster that usually attend with aftermarket exhausts. :thumbs: