2nd trip to RS Tuning PIC HEAVY

introspect

Went to RS Tuning in Leeds today to finally get some bits fitted that have been waiting to go on for a while now and get the mapping adjusted. I already have the Uprev anyway so it was just a case of tweaking the map to accomodate the new items.

Items to be fitted were:

1. Motordyne XYZ pipe with race cat

2. Decats

3. AMS light weight pulleys and new Gates belts

da5e80d5.jpg

b48bdbf9.jpg

9e5f21e6.jpg

On with the fitting!

938a2933.jpg

e81a54ea.jpg

12911c4b.jpg

fe2dcf33.jpg

07ca5328.jpg

6fdcd7d7.jpg

9e5fe531.jpg

492d1c1d.jpg

5f6c9354.jpg

356ef5b2.jpg

e5b50055.jpg

All the bolts came off pretty easy so no big drama removing the standard Y pipe and cats. Next up was the AMS pulleys. These were not so easy to replace :lol:

09fda37c.jpg

51cd8c74.jpg

f2555183.jpg

0dd07b6e.jpg

Took about 3 hours to do this as they were obviously quite tricky to get to. All went on ok in the end though :D

After everything was fitted it was time to adjust the mapping. This didn't take very long as Paul already had a map for a these mods from another customers car so it was a case of using this as a starting point and tweaking to suit my car.

Not much to see really but here's a couple of pics of the car on the dyno

05014dce.jpg

3c08fbf7.jpg

0fb97132.jpg

Here's the dyno results

fc2530d0.jpg

And that was it done and dusted! Went for a spin around the block with Paul to see how it felt and I have to say the mid range grunt is now pretty epic :teeth: It feels like it's revving much more quickly and easily now thanks to the light weight pulleys. As an added bonus it now sounds more agressive at mid to high RPM, but still relatively subdued at lower RPM, which is perfect for me :#1:

It hasn't gained a huge amount of top end power according to the dyno sheet (was 294bhp previously so a gain of 8bhp) but Paul said this was partly down to the ambient temperature being around 30 degrees :scare: . Made 302 bhp at the fly but Paul said on the road with air flowing rather than on a dyno it would easily make 310 bhp so I'm happy with that.

Overall I'm really happy with the end result. It feels and sounds much more like a proper sports car now :teeth:

Very nice, have been waiting for someone to post results of the AMS pulleys as mine are still in the box :blush: got a similar setup as you except the exhaust which is a dual, so looking forward to booking in sometime soon mabe as 3hours to fit the pulleys is a bit much for me to try D.I.Y lol.

Nice car :thumbs:

Very nice, have been waiting for someone to post results of the AMS pulleys as mine are still in the box :blush: got a similar setup as you except the exhaust which is a dual, so looking forward to booking in sometime soon mabe as 3hours to fit the pulleys is a bit much for me to try D.I.Y lol.

Nice car :thumbs:

Cheers :D

Yeah I'm pleased with the pulleys, glad I got them. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results once yours are fitted.