Nissan Almera TDI

alessandro

To be fair it depends on what you want it for. If it's to use as a shed for lugging the kids around and for trips to the tip, and you can get it cheap enough, then I'd consider it. If you're after anything resembling a decent car to drive then I'd look elsewhere, it's not even a nice place to be on the inside.

Well, the Zed will have to go and I'm looking to down size "with fun", 4 seater, 40mpg, i'm indicided if spending a bit more money now and get something decent and keep it standard or getting something cheaper and spend the cash on mod, having only 7K to spend the option to get a decent car is disappearing so I though to go something cheaper like fabia VRS sort of car and re map to 165bhp and 270ft/lb to start with, or if the missus fancy, maby an octavia which should be good for at least 180bhp.

Cheap, boring and ugly cars I know but if I save now I might be able to go back into proper sport cars in couple of years

I did look into it for 7K I could get an 01/02 with minimum of 70K miles but, unfortuanately the wife will have to drive it as well and she finds it too big also, I'm not sure I would feel safe letting her drive a RWd in the winter :surrender: .

In my next life I'll stay signle :p

I haven't looked at diseasels for a couple of years but the Renaultsport Megane was supposed to be good and my old Golf MK4 GT TDi 150 was far quicker than I expected. Not sure if the MK5 version (is it 170bhp?) is any better, but it should be. The 330/335 BMW diesels are the pick of the bunch as Ekona said.

Are you in the market for 2 cars? If so you could get a tidy MK4 GT TDi 150 (or VAG equivalent) and a nice toy for your budget.....

Having said that though, there is a fair argument that buying a petrol need not be more expensive in the long term given that they're cheaper to buy in the first place. That's what I tell the Mrs anyway :D