Throttle body cleaning - new gasket required?

scubapics

Just did mine and didn't change the gasket. Only put it back together today and all seems ok, will report if any problems occur :thumbs:

Do I need to put a new gasket in when replacing the throttle body after cleaning it? I'm assuming there is a gasket between it and the plenum.

Jim

+1, mine came off very easily, no stickiness or kinks :thumbs:

Ive clened mine a few times and havent replaced it yet, its been fine for me. However if your planning ahead id get a spare one as it may get damaged taking off and it would be a shame to not be able to put your car back together because of it.

Been running the car for 3 days now since it all went back together and no problems to report with original TB gasket :thumbs:

Just did mine and didn't change the gasket. Only put it back together today and all seems ok, will report if any problems occur :thumbs:

Do I need to put a new gasket in when replacing the throttle body after cleaning it? I'm assuming there is a gasket between it and the plenum.

Jim

Thanks. Meant to say that I cleaned mine yesterday. The gasket seems rubber rather than paper so seems to be reusable.

The worst part was dropping the socket head allen tool under the plenum! Trust blue tack on the end of a rod came to the rescue - yet again.

Jim

:lol::lol: Done that before to rescue various bolts from the under tray :blush:

Thanks. Meant to say that I cleaned mine yesterday. The gasket seems rubber rather than paper so seems to be reusable.

The worst part was dropping the socket head allen tool under the plenum! Trust blue tack on the end of a rod came to the rescue - yet again.

Jim