Chilli Red Zeds

SteveRS

Hi Chaps,

I'm still looking for another Zed. :thumbs: I came across a Chilli Red one with full nismo kit, it has some scratch damage on the wheel arch about the length and a half of a credit card( according to the pics he sent me) it also has some scratches on the bonnet. Any ideas on how much it costs these days to have this type of thing repaired? I would attach picks but not sure how, plus I'm at work and don't have access to a computer just my iPhone.

My main concern about the Chilli Red is paint fade, has this happened to anyone on here or does it not happen these days?

Thanks Chaps

Steve :D

Hi

I've got a 54 plate Chilli Red Z I've had for the last year and a half - the paint seems fine, wash and wax it and it looks showroom again, bar the front bumper stone chips of course, which I understand are difficult to do much about without respraying.

If it makes you smile & feel five years old again then buy it - I hadn't realised how much I wanted a red one till I saw it in the flesh!

Yeah we're not too far from each other. All the years I've been driving through or working in Chobham I don't think I have ever seen your Zed. :lol:

I'll be driving through Chobham in the next 30 mins. :lol:

I have my concerns with how much the scratches on this particular Zed would cost to repair, the car is in Liverpool and might be taking a look on Saturday after I've picked up the alloys I recently purchased. He has already said he wants to sell it as it is, but would deduct the cost of repairs from the asking price.

Does the Chilli Red look better in the flesh, I'm not normally a fan of red since my last red car faded to orange. :lol:

I had a red Fiat Punto Sporting 1.2 16v W Registration when i was about 18, so about 8 years ago. You could actually see the paint dribbling into an orange colour, no matter how much it was polished it wouldn't change. Any way i sold it to a mate and he stuck it under a lorry :lol: (he was fine)