Best Kestrel DAS6 detailing kit for 350z

HassanZ

Hi everyone,

Following on from my previous thread on which machine polisher to buy, after some helpful advice from the members on this forum, I decided to go for a Kestrel DAS6 DA polisher.

Now I've been told that the 350z has soft paint hence I need to be careful on the polishes/compounds I use on the paintwork.

I've seen a few detailing kits on the net and was wondering if I should buy a kit or buy the products/pads separate. I have been offered a DAS6 for £75 (incl. postage) brand new.

My paintwork does not require major correction, just the removal of swirls and other slight imperfections. I have a couple of bird dropping stains which I may attempt on removing (this may not be possible though).

All help is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Hassan

Speak to Tim (Envy Valeting). He'll sort you out. TBH it doesnt matter what kit you use as long as it has light polish and finishing pads. Always start with the least abrasive the first time (finishing pad and something like Dodo Lime Prime) and work up.

I've always gotten on well with PoorBoys Super Swirl Remover. I used SSR2.5, 2, and 1 to remove the swirls on my old 350z :thumbs:

I spoke to Tim at Envy Valeting yesterday. He advised me on what products to use. Even though he was really busy, he took the time out and helped me (which was very nice of him!)

He has recommended me to use Megs Ultimate Compound with the Megs yellow and black (polishing and finishing) pads. With my experience (none at all! :wacko:) he says it's the easiest, safest and most effective product to use for a beginner.

Once I gain some experience, then I can move onto the Megs 205.

Thought it's best for me to share my findings for anyone else in my situation.

I have also heard a few people mention the Menz is a good product also!

I spoke to Tim at Envy Valeting yesterday. He advised me on what products to use. Even though he was really busy, he took the time out and helped me (which was very nice of him!)

He has recommended me to use Megs Ultimate Compound with the Megs yellow and black (polishing and finishing) pads. With my experience (none at all! :wacko:) he says it's the easiest, safest and most effective product to use for a beginner.

Once I gain some experience, then I can move onto the Megs 205.

Thought it's best for me to share my findings for anyone else in my situation.

I have also heard a few people mention the Menz is a good product also!

Menz certainly isn't bad, I'm just finding I'm getting on better with megs, it seems to be the happy halfway house between menz po106fa and menz po85rd3.02 and it seems to be easier to work.

I was in the same predicament when I bought my Das6 and I use Megs now, be aware that unlike some polishing paste they use microscopic compounds that break down on purpose, this is to ensure that its very difficult to scour or hologram the surface. Therefore you have to work the compound in with around at least 6 passes to get maximum removal.

Check out "cleanyourcar.co.uk" lots of useful advice or Megs own site, good videos on there. Happy detailing.