Mixing kits

RAH

So, am thinking of getting some body kit onto the car. Only have it a month ('04 Kuro), and feel the need to show it some love!

Nismo is looking good, but was also thinking the Speed-Racing kit (particularly the rear trim). So a couple of questions:

1. Will Nismo kit imported from the US fit? I'm in IRL, so will need to import from either UK or US. Similarly for Nismo wheels? Supplier recommendations also welcome.

2. Would the Nismo front & sides, work with the Speed-Racing rear? ie. practically will it fit the car, and secondly will it look mis-matched? Planning to go without a spoiler for the mo.

Any thoughts/advice, gratefully received.

Cheers,

RAH.

In regard to the Nismo kit. Better to go for the jap version. The US Nismo front is just an add on lip to the standard bumper :thumbdown: the rear spoiler does not cover the holes left by the uk spoiler :thumbdown: The US skirts are supposedly different and some prefer these :thumbs:

I didnt know that the US version was an add on lip :) quite like the idea of that as I must say I prefer the standard grill layout .Anyone know if these are available in the UK?

Guest prescience
In regard to the Nismo kit. Better to go for the jap version. The US Nismo front is just an add on lip to the standard bumper :thumbdown: the rear spoiler does not cover the holes left by the uk spoiler :thumbdown: The US skirts are supposedly different and some prefer these :thumbs:

sarnie, whilst you are correct about the spoiler, I think it is generally felt that the US kit (being urethane) is superior quality to the JDM (being fibreglass)

Guest prescience

I didnt know that the US version was an add on lip :) quite like the idea of that as I must say I prefer the standard grill layout .Anyone know if these are available in the UK?

Don't think so mate - leeauto in states are good to import from :thumbs:www.leeparts.com

http://www.leeparts.com/nissan_350z/nis ... oiler.html

sarnie, whilst you are correct about the spoiler, I think it is generally felt that the US kit (being urethane) is superior quality to the JDM (being fibreglass)

I'm sure your right mate. I wasn't even commenting on the quality as I've never seen the US kit :thumbs:

Don't think so mate - leeauto in states are good to import from :thumbs:www.leeparts.com

Thanks Dorian... may look into that ..a hell of a lot cheaper than the whole Nismo bumper :thumbs:

Guest prescience

Thanks Dorian... may look into that ..a hell of a lot cheaper than the whole Nismo bumper :thumbs:

np mate - looks quite nice I think B)

lee auto used to paint it for you for a reasonable price too - but I don't think they do any more. Shame, it was a nice solution :D

Guest prescience

Courtesy can be personally recommended for importing bits :)

There are no fitment issues that I am aware of; Valerio is well up on this and can advise when he pops along

wrt matching with the Speed-racing rear... I'm not sure it'd work. the Nismo skirts (whether JDM or USDM type) are not that low while the SR kit is one of the lowest out there, including the rear. You might end up with skirts that look higher than your rear, looking a bit weird.

The SR skirts actually are lower at the back too, making this more obvious, possibly

wrt matching with the Speed-racing rear... I'm not sure it'd work. the Nismo skirts (whether JDM or USDM type) are not that low while the SR kit is one of the lowest out there, including the rear. You might end up with skirts that look higher than your rear, looking a bit weird.

The SR skirts actually are lower at the back too, making this more obvious, possibly

Thought that might be the case.... thanks for the input tho'. Decisions, decisions...... and there I was thinking that now I had the car I'd be satisfied!

RAH. :wacko: