Carbon Fibre rear strut cover

Daryl

Dimples or not  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Dimples or not

• With dimples
    • Without dimples

Right looking at getting the mould for these made next week. Im curious as to what to do with the dimples that are on the part,either side of the Z badge. Would people just want a flat over,or would the dimples be preferred? Iv decided to make them without the Z badge recess and holes,as i think most people would want them with either another badge or just without.

Please let me know what you think.

No many people using the poll,but the few that have seem to mostly want the cover with the dimples in. Its no issue,its just so i know what to make. Iv seen a few threads about people making carbon rear strut covers,but as these are wet laminate,there is always weave distortion and it never looks quite right. Mine will be pre preg carbon material,cured and bagged in an autoclave.

Thanks for peoples thoughts about the dimples/ no dimples.

Iv looked at the part this morning,and know how im going to make it now. Also stripped the badge and the vinyl wrap off so its ready for filling and prepping now. Hope to get the mould made this week,as shouldnt take too long to do.

Currently unsure if people want replacement parts,or just a slip on cover to go over their existing strut cover. I need to know whats required,as require separate routes in terms of moulding.

Cost depends on what it actually is,as a replacement part will cost more,as its alot more part to make,trim etc.

Sorry about the delay on this people. Things have been manic at work,and iv had alot to do at home,so not making as much progress on the part as i would like. As soon as iv got some updates,il let people know. Im going to be making a full replacement part,so the pattern prep etc is alot more work,but should look awesome when its done.