New forum user looking for first Z

biker chris

• 4 weeks later...

Took ownership of my 04 plate UK GT spec car in Sunset with Alezan leather on Monday.

Gave up on the importer I was dealing with. I don;t want to name him but if anyone is thinking of using a Jap car importer based in Formby then don't bother.

Anyway the car is ace. Not disappointed at all. Only frustration so far is that the bluetooth integration is not worthy of the name. I couldnt get it to work and from reading other thread here, it seems that I need a BT adapter. One thing which is confusing me though is that there is a Nokia microphone tucked behind the steering wheel and my phone finds a nokia device when i enable bluetooth. Cant connect to it though since I do not have the pass code for the device. Is this some kind of aftermarket kit ? If so, why woul dsomeone have fitted such a kit when all they needed was a £100 BT adapter ?

Sounds like an aftermarket kit was fitted. Not sure on reasoning unless they had another use for the phone kit - ipod????

Without the BT adaptor the phone is not a bluetooth integration kit. It is simply a phone kit that needs a compatible phone and cradle.

Took ownership of my 04 plate UK GT spec car in Sunset with Alezan leather on Monday.

Gave up on the importer I was dealing with. I don;t want to name him but if anyone is thinking of using a Jap car importer based in Formby then don't bother.

Anyway the car is ace. Not disappointed at all. Only frustration so far is that the bluetooth integration is not worthy of the name. I couldnt get it to work and from reading other thread here, it seems that I need a BT adapter. One thing which is confusing me though is that there is a Nokia microphone tucked behind the steering wheel and my phone finds a nokia device when i enable bluetooth. Cant connect to it though since I do not have the pass code for the device. Is this some kind of aftermarket kit ? If so, why woul dsomeone have fitted such a kit when all they needed was a £100 BT adapter ?

BT kit has only been out for six months so if the previous owner had wanted a blue tooth kit, then it will be a aftermarket one. Try 0000 or 1234 as a security code. Tends to be the norm