Birdview Sat Nav Problem

kennyc

I have this problem with the satnav in that everytime I switch the engine on it seems to default the position to central London. If I set the position and heading to where it should be all seems to be ok in that routing works and tracks the car's position ok. If I switch the engine off, say to get petrol, then switch engine back on again it's defaulted back to central London. If you check the GPS settings in the setup menu it shows position as "calculation out of range" and there's no satellite info.

Anyone had this problem? I don't have a manual for the Birdview system so don't know if it's covered in there. Any ideas before I take to the dealers for a warranty fix?

Cheers,

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking it might have been the end of the rainbow...

So the technician says it was because the GPS sensor was not in the correct place, it was too far to the left on the rear strut brace and was being covered by the metal of the boot lid. So why it suddenly stopped working after 2 years is anyone's guess.....unless it was the leprechauns who live in the back of the car that moved it!!

I was thinking it might have been the end of the rainbow...

So the technician says it was because the GPS sensor was not in the correct place, it was too far to the left on the rear strut brace and was being covered by the metal of the boot lid. So why it suddenly stopped working after 2 years is anyone's guess.....unless it was the leprechauns who live in the back of the car that moved it!!

I'd blame them without a doubt!