Clutch Problems

SwissZ

Dropped my car off at the dealers this morning....

Symptoms were:

- When accelerating to over about 4,500 revs and changing gear there was what I would describe as a kind of vibrating noise (no vibration felt though)

- When pulling up and pressing the clutch pedal down there was sometimes a clunk and it sounded rough as if a bearing had gone.

- Occasional juddering when pulling away.

The garage already had one attempt at sorting it and changed the release bearing, but the strange noises were still there. I've just spoken to them and they are now going to replace the clutch and some other bits and pieces (we were talking in German and I'd never heard of the part he was talking about, but I'll get him to explain it to me....)

It's been doing this since new and now has 6000 miles on it. Thats how long its taken Nissan to admit somethings wrong so as you can imagine I'm slightly unimpressed at the moment...

I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this and its a known problem (didn't see it in the list)?

Cheers

Mark

Must just be my bad luck then... Funny (or not so funny) thing is I had a 2.7 V6 Hyundai Coupe (it wasn't as bad as it sounds!) before the Z from new and 6 months into it's life I had to have the gearbox and clutch replaced. Think I must just be jinxed with new cars.... :mad:

Just so I know it's not me breaking them, to change gear you press down on the clutch pedal, select your gear and release the clutch?? :)

Oh and the garage called me again today to tell me my rear tyres are almost illegal. Is this normal with Bridgestones after just 6000 - 7000 miles???

Just so I know it's not me breaking them, to change gear you press down on the clutch pedal, select your gear and release the clutch?? :)

Oh and the garage called me again today to tell me my rear tyres are almost illegal. Is this normal with Bridgestones after just 6000 - 7000 miles???

Mate, sounds like you're very unlucky! Yes, your gearchange procedure seems to be in order :lol:

6-7k on stones! WOW!!! How much drifting have you been doing? ;)

UNLESS, Nissan have finally cottoned onto the fact that the stones they were fitting were far too hard a compound and have started fitting softer ones.

Must just be my bad luck then... Funny (or not so funny) thing is I had a 2.7 V6 Hyundai Coupe (it wasn't as bad as it sounds!) before the Z from new and 6 months into it's life I had to have the gearbox and clutch replaced. Think I must just be jinxed with new cars.... :mad:

Jesus you must be hard on the throttle to shred Bridgestones at that mileage.. :scare: either that or an animal... my missus has a V6 Hyundai and if ever a clutch was going to give up it would be with her style of driving and its never needed anything in 10,000 miles of driving ;)

Okay... hope the judge at my trial likes his cars and understands why I had to kill the muppets at the dealers!!!! :angry:

Gets a call on Friday afternoon (they had it all week!!) to tell me everything is sorted. Picked the car up drove away.... juddering still there.... strange noise still there!!! It turns out they didn't replace the clutch but something else. I still have no idea what it was they changed because although I speak pretty much fluent German, I've never heard of this bit before... exactly translated - something like a dual weighted jump wheel. (Fly wheel maybe??)

Anyway they've now said they want to change the clutch as well!! Why the hell didn't they do it in the first place??? I'm off to get a second and maybe third opinion tomorrow before I do anything else. Damn I'm pee'd off!

As for the bridgestones, only time (yeah right ;) ) I've really put them to the test was a blast over a mountain pass so I'm not quite sure what happened there.... :hypocrite: I've just put Dunlop winter tires on anyway so I'm legal again. :)

Oh well, here's hoping I get a better result with other dealers tomorrow.

Cheers!

Mark