Front bumper

coldel

OK, bought the Z and no matter how hard I work the front bumper it has just been neglected for too long and is covered in welded on flies and the like. It also has a dent in it which needs repairing.

So I was thinking, how about just replace the front bumper? I could get like for like (how much are they?) or go for something aftermarket. It would have to be something with similar clearance levels as sw london is a minefield of speed bumps...any suggestions?

If you like the stock front it maybe worth calling a few breakers. They may have one in the correct colour that you can just put straight on. I would think it would be the cheapest option.

If it wasn't for the dent I would say a pro detailer could probably get rid of the welded fly parts.

Have to say the old fashioned 'scrappy' seems to be disappearing from the UK. Can't say I know a single one anywhere near me...

Most will do delivery. ;)

The Nismo bumper has the same clearance as the stock bumper.

£400? And the rest! (sorry)

My front bumper is pretty haggered. Looking at either Nismo V2 rep (see buster's car) or a respray and carbon fibre lip.

Other option is stone chip repair which is something I'm considering as a quick fix, but won't fix the dent you've mentioned.

The missus whacked the kerb on the front of the car the other night...I think I will just stick with the bumper I have at the moment and just go to town with some detailing work. She has a knack of bumping into things so would be distraught if she clattered my shiny new Nismo bumper!

Got some Megs bug n tar enroute via amazon and should be with me today...