New car, funny sound

coldel

Hiya

Had a skim through the posts in here but couldnt find anything covering my problem. Hadn't noticed it before as it is on the passenger side only and it was only when someone opened the window whilst in the passenger seat they heard the noise.

Its from the rear passenger side, a sort of repetitive shh sound. Sounds like something rubbing against something else every 1/4 second or so. It doesn't happen until I have been driving for about 10 mins then it gets progressively louder.

The previous owner said he put new discs on the car. So I am assuming its the brake pads rubbing against the discs? Maybe the distance is not great enough so when the pads heat up they expand or something?

Any ideas?

Just standard I think, cant see any drills or grooves. Spoke to my dad over the phone just now (who is a car mechanic) and he thinks it might be a back plate behind the disc rubbing. Either that or something trapped in the caliper rubbing the disc.

Either way going to drive over to his Friday and have him dismantle it and take a look.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for reference, the clacking sound was the clicky axle which Alex's part fixed which is great.

The shhh sound was actually coming from the front wheel not the back and was where a back plate was bent and rubbing the back of the disc. A quick hand behind there and some elbow grease and all fixed!