Couple of tyre questions not about the type though...

Kennydies

I had a nail in my front passenger tyre and now have a slow puncture so

need to replace the 2 front tyres.

I dont really want to put bridgestones on but dont want to pay for new rear tyres when not needed.

What are the issues with having a different brand on the front to the rear?

Also does anyone know a garage in the dorset area that will put tyres on wheels?

Thanks, Ross

As long as the sizes are the same the main issue is difference in grip levels which could make your car more over- or understeering. Same goes for changing front tyres only when back ones are quite worn too, even when staying with the same type of tyre ;)

If the wear on your rear tyres is of such a level that they will need changing within the next 3 months i would just choose the brand/type you want on the front and in due time change the backs to the same.

Have to agree with the others, I would probably recommend against going for different front and back....but then again I would say that!!

Let me know if you're after some new rubber mate as we are still doing our deals on Toyo's and other rubber as well!!

Cheers,

Andy

As I said, depends on the tyre type. If you put on some nice grippy front tyres, combined with half-used shitty Bridgestone Potenza RE040 standard rear-tyres, and you do some spirited driving you will have your tail out more than you want to (no, not THAT tail Sarnie :p ).

Then again, the Toyo's arent that expensive (imho), and for your piece of mind if you have doubts about it i would just go and get 4 new ones. Or get the fronts done first, find some abandonned parking lot and have some drifting fun, and get the back ones replaced shortly after. Better put the rubber that's left on the backs to some good use B)

As I said, depends on the tyre type. If you put on some nice grippy front tyres, combined with half-used shitty Bridgestone Potenza RE040 standard rear-tyres, and you do some spirited driving you will have your tail out more than you want to (no, not THAT tail Sarnie :p ).

Then again, the Toyo's arent that expensive (imho), and for your piece of mind if you have doubts about it i would just go and get 4 new ones. Or get the fronts done first, find some abandonned parking lot and have some drifting fun, and get the back ones replaced shortly after. Better put the rubber that's left on the backs to some good use B)

Depends if you've got £500 plus (fitted) kicking around as to whether it's expensive......