Drop links Guide

Demolition49

rear or front?

rear are very simple (depending on rusting), jack the back of the car up and you can see them. only 4 bolts to do.

Get some WD or Plus Gas or similar on them a few days before... i managed to round the nuts off on mine and had to get a garage to basically burn them off with the acetylene torch...

thanks guys, perhaps if i do this i can take a few pics and post up a guide for future?

Im going to do the rears husky as those are the ones causing the noises (using powergrid to replace OEM - Thanks to Zmanalex)

How high do i need to jack the car up? i only have a standard jack that the car comes with :blink:

anything else apart from undo, take off, redo new ones?

Please buy some axle stands, they only cost a few pennies :thumbs: Using a scissor jack to support a car while under it is really dangerous.

I'd let them soak with penetrating oil or some such as suggested. If you round them off then its a long slog to remove them or you're paying someone. Be sure you have your socket all the way on so there is less chance of rounding and use a nice length breaker bar so you don't trash a ratchet :)

Please buy some axle stands, they only cost a few pennies :thumbs: Using a scissor jack to support a car while under it is really dangerous.

I'd let them soak with penetrating oil or some such as suggested. If you round them off then its a long slog to remove them or you're paying someone. Be sure you have your socket all the way on so there is less chance of rounding and use a nice length breaker bar so you don't trash a ratchet :)

+1! All grade A gen. Scissor jack + working under your car = perish.

Top man :thumbs:

Will do mate, dont suppose you have any pictures so i have no trouble identifiying them :blush: