Recommend me a head unit please?

BULLITT

Ok well I have the Bose 6 disc HU in my 2004 Zed and it's skipping discs, done a bit of digging on here and found this is a common fault, obviously no warranty to claim on so I'm after a replacement.

I don't want anything like a DVD player or TV unit but I do want one that comes with a proper iPod connection (not an AV input), single din or double is fine and obviously has to be compatible with the Bose System, I have a budget of about £400.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Depends what your looking for, if you want to go all out and get the nuts, id suggest the INE-S900R alpine headunit ... you can get add on freeview tv on it rear camera on it... also it has a split screen so you can have two things running i.e sat nav and rear camera or anything of your selection maybe even a video from your ipod, usb, memory card whatever...

BUT that thing is pricey! Its about 1.5k to get the whole lot new installed! Although if you look hard a bargain can be found online :)

a guy was willing to sell me his 1 week old unit for 600, but at the end of the day i thought it was a bit of a waste for my application, im pretty happy with the stock headunit believe it or not, plus ive decided i dont need twatnav in the middle of the car to distract me.

I have a kenwood dnx7200 in my focus and am going to get another of the Zed. Ticks all the boxed and after a search on ebay there is 2, 1 bit over your budget and another well under well worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kenwood-DNX-7200- ... 0675154449?

pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item4aa9ba8a11

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kenwood-DNX-7200- ... 20b8297ef8

There is a seller on ebay that lists them from time to time in america for £429 shipped, worth keeping a look out, will get mine from there when next avaliable

I had a sat nav head unit on the Astra and have to say its just in the wrong place that far down the dash and not in your normal eye line when driving so wouldnt bother with it. Will probably replace the HU too and go for something with USB input (I have all my music on a stick) and Bluetooth, Double Din, not that expensive at around £200 and easy enough to fit if you have a bit of confidence.

Depends what your looking for, if you want to go all out and get the nuts, id suggest the INE-S900R alpine headunit ... you can get add on freeview tv on it rear camera on it... also it has a split screen so you can have two things running i.e sat nav and rear camera or anything of your selection maybe even a video from your ipod, usb, memory card whatever...

BUT that thing is pricey! Its about 1.5k to get the whole lot new installed! Although if you look hard a bargain can be found online :)

a guy was willing to sell me his 1 week old unit for 600, but at the end of the day i thought it was a bit of a waste for my application, im pretty happy with the stock headunit believe it or not, plus ive decided i dont need twatnav in the middle of the car to distract me.

Had it installed the other day...haven't looked into freeview yet and not over the moon with the equaliser as it only has treble and bass but no mid adjustment....graphics look a bit too basic too. I was expecting a bit more from a 1000quid head unit...then again a million times better than the Bose.