Replacing Transmission Oil + LSD Oil

hyeung

Hi,

I don't believe i have had either replaced to date (transmission or LSD oil). I'm now approaching 52k with the following services to date P1-P2-P3-P1. Now due to P2.

1) Can someone advise on what the correct interval should be for doing the transmission oil and LSD oil? As i dont believe i recall seeing anything mentioned specifically in the service book.

2) I seem to recall seeing something on the inspection sheets that the LSD gear oil does not need changing for viscous coupling types. Does this mean that the LSD oil need not change for the 350z?

3) Anyone know what the correct nissan part numbers are for the replacment oils i.e.

Genuine Nissan Transmission Oil SAE 75W-85 API GL-4 (2.9l)

Genuine Nissan LSD Oil SAE 80w-90 API GL-5LS (1.4l)

Thanks,

Hung

Hi,

I don't believe i have had either replaced to date (transmission or LSD oil). I'm now approaching 52k with the following services to date P1-P2-P3-P1. Now due to P2.

1) Can someone advise on what the correct interval should be for doing the transmission oil and LSD oil? As i dont believe i recall seeing anything mentioned specifically in the service book.

2) I seem to recall seeing something on the inspection sheets that the LSD gear oil does not need changing for viscous coupling types. Does this mean that the LSD oil need not change for the 350z?

3) Anyone know what the correct nissan part numbers are for the replacment oils i.e.

Genuine Nissan Transmission Oil SAE 75W-85 API GL-4 (2.9l)

Genuine Nissan LSD Oil SAE 80w-90 API GL-5LS (1.4l)

Thanks,

Hung

Hi Hung,

Long time mate :thumbs:

I would recommend that you change the fluids at 54,000 miles, same time as the spark plugs if they have not already been changed.

You are correct that Nissan do not stipulate a time or mileage for the fluids, however better safe than sorry.

I keep in stock the Genuine Nissan Fluids if you require them.

Denso Iridium plugs also in stock. :thumbs:

Click on my signature picture and you will find the plugs.

Drop me a pm if I can help you further mate. :thumbs:

Alex. :)