RAF Tornado jets join Libya operations

choptop

This country has gone to war since the 16th century for only 3 reasons - economic, political or military. (Prior to that there was religious but that is ancient history now)

The commencement of military action last Friday was not part of Red Nose day. We're not here to "help" out other countries and nor should we. We are NOT bombing Libya to help "the resistance" or some other specious argument.

We are bombing Libya to secure our oil and gas assets (economic) to deter the rise of Islamic fundamentalism and the support for terrorism from Gadaffi (political) and to hopefully secure another region to gain a strategic foothold for future operations (military)

The Army, Navy and RAF are there to do this for us and they do it very well. Despite "the cuts" we have the 4th largest military budget in the world and are 2nd behind the Americans in investment in military engineering and technology.

Our armed services don't want sympathy - they want decent pay and to be looked after when they get their legs blown off but they are not press-ganged in to doing our bidding so all this "sympathy" nonsense when they die is ridiculous. Last time I looked it was voluntary?

Some people need to get a grip on reality and read a few history books. :rant:

Thought I would throw this into the mix ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ntina.html

Now this is something worth throwing money at in my opinion :thumbs:

Never believe anything you read in the Sun

This has been bubling along for quite a bit now. It is kicking off all over again as oil that has been found there of the East and South Coast.............on British soil. The Sun were very much late in the day reporting this.

I am in the RAF and I can tell you from an insiders point of view, we want to be effective and help. But the Libya conflict is looking like it could be a repeat of Iraq and with cuts in man power left, right and centre, it is going to be a stretch!!! Especially with the constant reduction of the perks of being in the military!!!

I was at Marham for 3 years and the flying Sqns do a great job, good luck to the lads out there. No doubt I'll join you all sometime soon!!!