Jump to content

marcopolo

Members
  • Posts

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by marcopolo

  1. registered in 2003, but on a 52 plate as it's a jap import
  2. Hi guys, Earlier in the post I was asking for help getting lots of power from my Zed. I am looking to replace the cams and spring as the next engine mod, and the Brain Crower (stage 3) set keep coming up. Now, when I brought my car, the owner told me it was a Z33 JDM import running just shy of 300HP as standard with the 35DE engine. I am pretty sure this is the rev-up version of the car but I am not certain. Before I go and she out a couple of grand, does anyone know where I can find the exact spec of my car, as the owners log doesn't say and Nissan don't seem to know (or be bothered to find out). I have also noticed that Cosworth do supply a kit, but there is a fair price hike for the name. Worth the extra lump or not? Cheers
  3. Cheers guys, most of the advice seems to be get a fast car if I want a fast car. In my mad little world, I am fed up of pissing my hard earned cash up the wall and need another hobby...so making the Z a beast seems like an idea. I would love a GTr, but i know as soon as tuning parts start becoming available and more companies can crack the ECU crypto, i'd end up spending cash on that too. It's not about the speed, it's the sense of achievement that I have done it. As for a scooby, cheap power is easily come by, doesn't mean it is fun. They are like buying a fat ugly bird a drink at the end of the night; it's cheap, you get what you want...but you sure as hell don't want anyone to see you with her!!! I think it's super Z - 1 ; GTR - 1!!
  4. £15K all inc...labour and all. The plan is find a company, give them a limit and say - make me a monster! However, if i can keep it sub £10k i'd be happier.
  5. Yeah, I'd like to twin charge. i know it's a fairly new concept but it's good to be different. The Skoda Fabia VRs is a twin charged 1.4 with just shy of 200horses so I am told. Meant to be a smooth ride too!
  6. I have read that a supercharger is the way to go, but I don't want kill the engine by not bothering with internals. The lump of cash is pretty much dependent on how patient I am on saving up. Considering the alternative option is a GT-R that has 460odd bhp for £40k for a used model, i'd happily spend 15k to surpass that. But that will include a few additional 'cosmetic' mods. Is there anything glaringly obvious that I have missed out? cheers
  7. Guys I am looking to break the 400hp mark in a oner with a lump of cash, but would like some advise on what mods should be done. I have a 2003 Z33 VQ35DE engine (JDM Import) My plan is the following: De-cat full exhaust system with 2.5" bore throughout Induction kit Lightweight clutch and suitable flywheel Uprated (500cc) fuel injectors and fuel pump Performance plugs Performance cams (stage 2/3???) Brakes have already been done, and the previous owner lowered the car. I will probably replace the whole suspension system though. Are there any other not tuning mods I should consider for this kind of power increase, ie anti-roll bars/strut braces. Then I am looking at a either a small supercharger and large-ish turbo, or twin turbo if possible, with the appropriate intercooling system. However the last turbo'd car I had was a L reg Celica GT4 when I was 19 and left it standard under the bonnet, so I have on the billy basic knowledge of them. This is my first big project so any advice would be greatly appreciated. If i can hit 450 bhp, hopefully this is a cheaper option than getting a GT-R cheers
×
×
  • Create New...