Rad Fan Motor?

Tricky-Ricky

After an overheat during MOT today while testing emission's, holding the RPM at around 3K the cooling system boiled over, due to only one cooling fan working :scare: just hoping that there is no HG damage,

Basically after a bit of testing, i have found that one fan motor is fooked, so i need to find another, apparently looking at the manuals the 350Z fans are the same as the Skyline 350GT, so has anyone got one they would sell? or can anyone direct me to where i can get one or a pattern one as i suspect the genuine Nissan item will be scary priced?

Well after finding a fan+motor on ebay at a breakers, and ordering it this morning,

i decided to pull my fans off the car for a look and clean up before the replacement arrives, so i remove the fan motors, and because i am the curious type and nothing mechanical phase's me much, i look at the motor and think that will come apart with the right technique, so i take it apart, and find apart from it being covered in carbon dust, it also has two seized brushes, and the commutator is in a right state so i carefully clean everything up and repair the commutator, and carefully put it back together, and its all working fine!

So i have basically wasted the money i paid for the replacement

I checked the remaining fan and that wasn't working too well so i am just in the process of sorting that too.