Sat Nav

Andrew

Hi there, can Nissan install the standard sat nav on uk cars onto an import (if they were so inclined)? Has anyone tried to persuade?

I have a 'friend' who works for Nissan and got me the car cover for 50 quid. I am tempted to ask him to take this on for a few quid extra.

Failing that, what is the best sat nav set up for the 350z? I want to use the exisitng screen certainly (and controls if possible!).

Thanks very much

Andrew

Thanks for this - you have done this yourself already with an Xtrail unit like this? How is it going?

I gave Nissan a call and they are tentative about installing something i purchase from elsewhere (e.g. xtrail unit). They quoted it takes the car away from 'factory standards'.

How difficult was this? Is there any chance you would put together an instruction sheet for us 'importees' - i would pay you a few quid for this if i was able to do it and save on the labour costs?....

I'm just terrified to buy this and be left with something i can do nothing with.

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks for this - you have done this yourself already with an Xtrail unit like this? How is it going?

I gave Nissan a call and they are tentative about installing something i purchase from elsewhere (e.g. xtrail unit). They quoted it takes the car away from 'factory standards'.

How difficult was this? Is there any chance you would put together an instruction sheet for us 'importees' - i would pay you a few quid for this if i was able to do it and save on the labour costs?....

I'm just terrified to buy this and be left with something i can do nothing with.

Thanks

Andrew

--------------------------------------------------------------

The link http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4669 covers some instructions. I'm a novice and didn't fancy paying £200+ so had a go first as I knew I would be careful, not sure how careful garage monkeys are?

I was surprised how easy the interior trim just pulled off and went back in. Getting to the rear of the naviunit is a pain as I didn't want to take of the whole boot trim. You need to get to the rear as the cable have clips which you can only access from the rear.

If you replacing just the navi unit it shouldn't be a problem but if you want to replace the controls too then try http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/

As for the unit, running well but having a woman who's always correct can be annoying. Only issue is 've a 2003 disk but currently getting a 2006 and program disk to test. Will post results on main link.

Thanks Michael. I have managed to get one of these units with the disks. I paid 260, which might seems steep, but i intend to go the whole hog and replace keys e.t.c. as well.

I spoke to Nissan and got some seriously deluded quotes. 1200 for the whole thing + labour, followed by a twilight zone quote of 3,500+ if i

just want the DVD reader.

Phoned Clarion and they aren't allowed to sell 350 unit directly to public (maybe no surprise there).

In any case, i got one, so i'll be following your footsteps. Thanks for all the tips. :thumbs: