Question for Matt from CP racing continued...

Removed

Hmmm. Would YOU spend £1600 on an ECU, harness, and new gauges and sensors because your existing one couldn't be reused?

And then another £800 or so on tuning?

That would make the ECU more expensive than the charger!!!

I do like the look of it, but at present I'm trying to find out what the pin-outs are for the European ECU so I can see if it would actually work!

Stephen

Hmmm. Would YOU spend £1600 on an ECU, harness, and new gauges and sensors because your existing one couldn't be reused?

i don't get you mate.

Surely the Utec (which is cheaper than your quoted prices above) would be instead of the above mentioned? (apart from the Zeitronix)

No need for harness as far as i understand, and tuning it (given that we found a place to do it at...) surely would be cheaper than that £800????

i don't get you mate.

Surely the Utec (which is cheaper than your quoted prices above) would be instead of the above mentioned? (apart from the Zeitronix)

No need for harness as far as i understand, and tuning it (given that we found a place to do it at...) surely would be cheaper than that £800????

I'm pretty sure you need a harness - but I'll double check what I've read.

You also need a tuner box to attach the sensors and that weighs in at just under 500$. The Utec box is around the 1000$ mark. And they need their own proprietary AFM gauge - my wideband AEM UEGO is incompatible - so not only would that have to be fitted, but a whole new O2 bung would have to be welded on as well. ££££££ +

Tuning it will probably be cheaper - what I meant to say was, that price I stated was including installation. I don't know what someone would charge for setting it up properly though because naturally nobody over here has done one yet. It would be good to get all 5 maps onto it though.

It's a snowball effect... not sure its good vfm, but it DOES look a good piece of kit!

European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European

European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European European

expecting to see the same post on the OC now since "Me and only me" has given you the same link :lol: and see if they ban you :shutup:

also since now at least you know what it looks like...... what about checking the service manual?? surely you must have one ;)

Guest prescience

Stephen,

Sorry for hijacking this thread but Matt and his tuner Eric have offered you to call them (even give you their cell numbers) to help sort your tuning issue.

They have had no response from Abbey or yourself to these offers (perhaps you were unaware). I think you'd be mad not to take them up on it - Matt is pretty confident they can sort the issue with the SS box

expecting to see the same post on the OC now since "Me and only me" has given you the same link :lol: and see if they ban you :shutup:

also since now at least you know what it looks like...... what about checking the service manual?? surely you must have one ;)

Not in any manual they give you from purchase.

Dorian - I'd contact them if I could do anything. But until I can actually connect my laptop to my own car, what can I do? I've told Matt this on email already.

The reason why I am chasing pinouts are to see if the UTEC solution would be a straight plug onto the UK car.

Stephen,

Sorry for hijacking this thread but Matt and his tuner Eric have offered you to call them (even give you their cell numbers) to help sort your tuning issue.

They have had no response from Abbey or yourself to these offers (perhaps you were unaware). I think you'd be mad not to take them up on it - Matt is pretty confident they can sort the issue with the SS box

Actually, what would be REALLY useful would be if you could tell me if *you've ever seen live values out of your SS box via R4* because that way I will know if the problems I am having are unique to me, or the same as yours.

I am still trying to diagnose the problem and this sort of information is critical - if my problems can be recreated elsewhere the chances are it is not an equipment failure.

might as well be the guinea pig ;)

here I meant Spill btw not you stephen

Wrong title but never mind, glad to see that the change over to your new site hasn't changed you in anyway V :p:p;)

I'd been the guinea pig on the hydrolock thingy but this time I do at least want to try and get SS box to work before I spend any more dosh, but got to say I'm tempted.

might as well be the guinea pig ;)

here I meant Spill btw not you stephen

Wrong title but never mind, glad to see that the change over to your new site hasn't changed you in anyway V :p:p;)

I'd been the guinea pig on the hydrolock thingy but this time I do at least want to try and get SS box to work before I spend any more dosh, but got to say I'm tempted.

:lol: since it supposedly works with N/A cars too.... once we find out if the ECU pinout is the same (Dorian is onto this) and find a flippin tuner who has UTEC experience to get it tuned at... I might go for it too mate :teeth: