Dead passenger window - FIXED

andyvvc

Massive thanks to Cookbot for looking at my passenger side window for me. It had been slowly dying in recent months, and had stopped working altogether in December just gone.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30870

Referring to the guide from this forum (above), Paul managed to strip the door down, remove the motor and give the bushes and motor contact points a ruddy good clean. After 108000 miles of crap was cleaned off, the window works like new! Drops 2cm each time the door is opened, moves up and down really easily ! I'm well impressed, especially as Ni$$an wanted over 500 quid "because it will need a new motor..." idiots.

I would stick some pics of the motor/bushes up (they were black instead of silver before they were cleaned) but i forgot to take some pics doh!

I will say that if you are competant with a screwdriver, the doc above seems really easy to follow. Im not competant with a screwdriver, so popped over to see Cookbot instead :thumbs:

Thanks to SteveW for the doc ! B)

Top stuff Andy, Paul to the rescue pity he couldn't solve my sat nav issues :lol:

But he did sort your blower issues...so that was a bonus! :lol: And after all the testing, you know that something has gone badly wrong with the Nav. I'm certain the bloke who fitted it will have a solution for you fella.

• 1 month later...

Cheers for this guide, looks great!

Reading it though, I think it looks a little technical for me, or at least it looks it!

Anyone had this done in the south that can recommend a technician, that wont charge a fortune like a Nissan dealer?

I am in Enfield area, so Herts, North London Middlesex

Cheers if anyone can help, it is doing my head in that the window is just stuck an inch from closed and is a security risk living in London!

Did this repair with mine. The guide by steve was very good though I also followed some steps from another guide and just taped up the window rather than remove it.

Eventually had to buy a new motor and replace the old one though as it completely failed even after replacing the carbon brushes.

Thanks guys, yeah I have used Ross at JAPEX many times, he is great. Just wasnt sure if it was more an electrical thing, but I will give him a shout.

So racinggreen, you think I am better to just replace the motor? I thought I may get away with a clean. How much was a new motor when you got one, did you get it from Alex?

Cheers