Brake help please!

t3dcf

I know I have seen this somewhere in here - but for the life of me I cant find the answer Im looking for.

I have just replaced all pads on my z - think I have apec pads all round. Now my issue is a really annoying brake squeal under use! Any ideas - I have taken back to garage a few times, brakes off - edge filed down to let brake dust escape, more copper grease etc - Does anyone have any ideas? I remember seeing something about alloy cleaner? but dont want to just guess......

Help! :headhurt:

Ill have a look - but dont think so....is that probably where the noise is coming from then....not from the pad on the disk?? If i havent got these plates can they be retro bought/fitted?

you should have had them on the original pads, but on my EBC pads they came with the new pads in the box :)

I got some red stuff pads fitted at a local garage and they said they didn't have the metal shims on them that made a sound when the pads were low. Not a problem I thought, but now I'm thinking this may be why mine are squeeling still 2 months later? :wacko:

They only squeal when braking gently at slow speed, but it's still annoying :thumbdown:

I got some red stuff pads fitted at a local garage and they said they didn't have the metal shims on them that made a sound when the pads were low. Not a problem I thought, but now I'm thinking this may be why mine are squeeling still 2 months later? :wacko:

They only squeal when braking gently at slow speed, but it's still annoying :thumbdown:

try a bit of copperslip on the rear of the pads that should stop it :thumbs:

Thanks for all the replies!! Ive not got the slip pads and not sure where to get them... ive got the same issue as Traktion so I think i will have to get the garage to try the copperslip on the back of the pads!! (just a final thought (much like Jerry Springer) why would putting the copperslip on the rear of the pads make a difference...I thought the noise came as i braked.i.e. when the pads touch the disk?)

Thanks for all the replies!! Ive not got the slip pads and not sure where to get them... ive got the same issue as Traktion so I think i will have to get the garage to try the copperslip on the back of the pads!! (just a final thought (much like Jerry Springer) why would putting the copperslip on the rear of the pads make a difference...I thought the noise came as i braked.i.e. when the pads touch the disk?)

noise comes from the rear of the pads making contact with the caliper pistons, high frequency buzz is what you get