airbag warning light...help...!!

stuey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
i agree wiv wot your sayin but me airbags wont work.......... if i need them..........! :scare: how difficult is it to get to the tensioner to check the connector plugs..????

See if you can find a friendly techy to show you. IIRC, the air bag circuit involves a number of connectors to the different components, if there's a break in that, none of it works as it can't detect the signal. I'd not recommend taking the bulb out!! But I can't believe it's the pretensioner itself, more likely the connections to it. After all, a pre-tensioner just sits there doing nothing until impact, so I can't see what could go wrong with it! :wacko:

took the seats out no prob.......... took about 5 mins each.....i messed around with the connectors and investigated the tensioner :wacko: ... i dont think that is the problem coz i thought the tensioner was supposed to have a gas cannister to be able to retract....... and there is no sign of one of those on the seat........ so im even more baffled now....... :wacko:

tried the battery disconect again :thumbdown: and no luck ......... dose anyone know if the seat belt tensioner is the bit u plug ur seatbelt into or is it in the door pillar where the belt unravels..........i could have been looking in the wrong place......... :headhurt: can teddyonholiday shed any light on the subject.? :D

Guest prescience
tried the battery disconect again :thumbdown: and no luck ......... dose anyone know if the seat belt tensioner is the bit u plug ur seatbelt into or is it in the door pillar where the belt unravels..........i could have been looking in the wrong place......... :headhurt: can teddyonholiday shed any light on the subject.? :D

Door pillar bit -PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the Service Manual pdf section(s)

tensioner.jpg