nissan radio security on bose 6cd

kelvi

i had to buy a used nissan bose 6cd stereo and fit it to my 350z but when i switch on the folloing appear on the screen "wait" then "security" i have the radio code but do not know what i am supposed to do. i have contacted my local nissan dealership but frankly they are new dealers and have no experience. can someone let ne know what to do?

hmmm... the manual says that the unit will only work when the ignition key for NATS (nissan anti theft system) is in the acc or on position...

Maybe if this is a used system it wont work with your key?

I could be wrong, but its a plausible explanation. There must be some way of reprogramming your key and/or the bose system to work...

Hopefully, somebody more technical will be along to help.

PS - :welcome: to the forum

:pmr35lee: he is the BOSE expert..correct me if i am wrong..didn't someone said before the BOSE headunit in the 350Z is coded to the particular 350Z 's ECU. :shrug:

I seem to remember reading that, I believe it has to be unpaired from the donor car before it can be paired with another - not 100% sure that I'm remembering that right though.

:pmr35lee: he is the BOSE expert..correct me if i am wrong..didn't someone said before the BOSE headunit in the 350Z is coded to the particular 350Z 's ECU. :shrug:

I've had 3 stock Bose headunit's in my Z. Was all done by the dealer, yearssss back, that doesn't really help, but it obviously is possible. :thumbs: