Starting problems (immobiser fault?)

km002916

• 2 weeks later...

Immobiliser is messing up again, looked through receipts that came with the car and it seems that the car has had this issue before, Nissan replaced the BCM a few months before we bought the car back in late 2009. I really don't know where to go from here, don't fancy taking it to Nissan as it cost £1200 for the last owner with this fault and it doesn't seem to have sorted the root cause of the problem, the only thing I can think is that there seemed to be water ingress that I have now sorted (was coming in from mirror with broken base that I fixed) that I gues could have caused the initial probs both times. Anyone have any suggestions?

Looks like I've managed to sort it, took it out and gave to a friend who does alot of work on PCs and other electronics who opened it up n found that moisture had got to it (car had water coming in from cracked mirror base on drivers side which I sorted about 3 weeks or so ago) so he cleaned it all up and since refitting it all seems well :yahoo:

Its away for its MOT today then think I'm putting it up for sale