What do you think to this deal?

deank93

Afternoon all, I might go and take a look at this car and have had a few conversations with the salesman regarding a deal as it is a bit of a drive from me, I'd be interested on your thoughts.

It's at a main Nissan dealer

2008 model 08 plate 313 GT

Full Nissan service history (all done at same garage that is selling it), next one due is P3 at 36k or October 2011

Twilight grey

Black leather

Sat Nav

2 owners (dealer plus lady owner)

12 months road tax

12 month warranty

Superguard inside and out

Full tank of juice

£15k

Seems like a very fair price to me. :thumbs:

I was thinking the same...I'm sure I could find cheaper, in fact I'm looking at a very similar one Saturday thats a lot less money but with this one I've got a degree of security in getting it from a dealer and zero financial outlay until the back end of the year.

Looks like I might be having a doss afternoon from work on Friday.

But an 08 should have nissan warranty left on it , so i dont see the need to buy from a dealer :dry:

If the car develops a problem in the first couple of weeks of ownership which relates to a serious underlying problem, its much easier to return to a dealer and get your cash back, than it is if its a private seller.

If there charging the the superguard though i'd save the money and go without.

I was thinking that but i don't know much about superguard, my understanding is that it will mean i won't need to polish and wax for a good few year....the saving on me buying a decent valet kit and time on waxing might be worth it.

But an 08 should have nissan warranty left on it , so i dont see the need to buy from a dealer :dry:

If the car develops a problem in the first couple of weeks of ownership which relates to a serious underlying problem, its much easier to return to a dealer and get your cash back, than it is if its a private seller.

And i have had to do something similar to that with a Clio Williams i bought in 1997....a few days after i took delivery it went belly up....5 months later and a trip to court i was 3k to the good....i wouldn't have had much of a chance if i bought it private which i why i'm happier paying a little more froma dealer.

I'd take in to account what car your buying when considering a private vs dealer purchase. I doubt there's going to be too much mechanically wrong with an '07/08 350z, something like a TVR T350 I'd probably want to buy from a dealer though! If the private sale is much cheaper you could consider a 3rd party warranty though.