Time to move on!! maybe...

speedy

All - the time has come to start looking else where for another car. I have just start (month in) a new job and is a round trip of 80 ish miles a day, the miles are racking up on the Zed and the MPG is not great. I was hoping to keep the car with the new job but i don't wont to spend the pay raise I got on fuel. Its currently costing me around 85 a week in fuel, which is alot compared to work i used to pay which was less than 10 a week (lived very close to work before).

So what i am i looking for next....

Some thing with a good MPG

Still got some power

Space (while i am changing i would like to have more space for coach gear and life)

What have i looked at? (not tested any of these)

Series 1 BMW

Megan sport

Looking to spend around 7 - 8K - do you have a recommendations on what else to look at?

Power + MPG = Diesel.

That would be my only bit of advice really. Shame to see the Zed go.

+1 - any VAG or BMW Diesel are pretty good choices. All can be remapped to give better MPG and power/torque. Just remember you're not in the Zed when you get to the corners :lol:

Car - £300

Tax - £125

Ins - £300

Diet of Avtur/veg oil - £FREE

Even if you had to pay for diesel, £45 gets me 650 miles. It wouldn't take long to recoup the initial cost of buying it all and you could sell the car for pretty much what you bought it for. I'm selling mine for more some day. :lol: